There’s no denying that raunchy sex scenes often set our pulses racing in our favorite Hollywood films and TV shows. But the all-important question on everyone’s lips is, what is it actually like to film one?
The thought of getting down and dirty with a stranger that you met a few days before with a group of people standing around assessing your game and the camera guy munching on a sandwich isn’t a particularly comforting one. But luckily, Tinseltown residents are around to fill you in on all of the sordid behind-the-scenes dirty details of their famous Hollywood sex scenes.
1. “I will be lying there, kind of being slammed by a naked body, thinking, ‘I want out of this bed. I want out of this scene. I want out of this life. Who did this to me?’ And I realized, I’m my own boss.” – Lena Dunham on Girls
2. “The classic answer is, ‘Oh, it’s not sexy at all because there are so many technicians standing around.’ But I’ve always found them extremely arousing.” – Hugh Grant
3. “There is always a particularly large and hairy man holding a boom wearing a crop top. I don’t know if they’re like ‘ooh sex scene where’s my crop top because I need to hover above Olivia, make sure my hairy belly is somewhere in the vicinity of her face’.” – Olivia Wilde
4. “I was so drunk that after I shot the scene I was going up to the crew members… and I was going up to all of them being like, ‘You gotta boner! You do! You got one!'” – Lizzy Caplan on True Blood
5. “Finally I just looked at Will and I was like, ‘I’m gonna fart on you.’ And I did. If you fart on your scene partner it’s the most intimate you can get.” – Kristen Schaal on Last Man on Earth