1. Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) and Rose Leslie (Ygritte)The chemistry between these two on-screen was more than simply good acting. Speaking to British talk show host Jonathan Ross about their long-term romance, which began in 2012, Harrington said, “I fell in love in Iceland. I fell in love with my co-star”.
2. Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Joe JonasThis handsome pair got together in December 2016, and they have been going steady ever since. True to Turner’s on-screen character, Sansa, they’ve adopted a husky puppy together (a sort-of dire wolf!), which is a definite sign that they are in the relationship for the long haul.
3.Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) and his wife Erica SchmidtIn real life, Tyrion is married and a soon-to-be father of two. He and his wife Erica keep their private life private, and the name of their first child who was born in 2011 still isn’t known, although she was rumoured to be called ‘Zelig’. Erica is currently expecting their second child. “Let me tell you right now: Her name is not Zelig,” Dinklage said, addressing the rumor. “But it’s hilarious that that’s a fact in Wikipedia.”
4. Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane) and his wife Gry Molvær HivjuThese two really are a match made in strawberry heaven. Hivji and his wife tied the knot in 2015, and they’re both Norwegian. She works as a photographer and TV presenter. Admittedly, I can’t help but be sad that we’ll never legitimately see Tormund and Brienne together in real life.
5. Gwendoline Christie (Brienne Of Tarth) and Giles DeaconChristie had her work cut out trying to find a man who wouldn’t look like a hobbit next to her. However, Deacon isn’t too much shorter than his six-foot-three-inch beau. He’s an English fashion designer, and Christie could certainly rock his clothes with her incredibly long legs!
6. Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) and Ollie JacksonGiven that Williams is only 20-years-old, it makes total sense that her boyfriend would be someone she met at school. Speaking about the relationship in March 2016, Williams said, “I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious.”
7. Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) and Dan CadanHeady and her fiancé are one of the most secretive couples on this list. In fact, their relationship is so private that there isn’t a even a photograph of them available. All we know is that they met when they were children. When they tie the knot, it will be Heady’s second marriage.
8. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) and his wife NukâkaAs hard as it is to imagine Jamie with someone who isn’t Cersei, Coster-Waldau has actually been married since 1998. He and his wife Nukâka even have two children together. I wonder how she feels about his incestuous on-screen romance…
9. Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont) and Charlotte EmmersonThankfully, Ser Jorah hasn’t been friendzoned in real life. Glen’s got a long-term partner of eleven years, Emmerson, and the pair have two children together. It’s nice to see him get the happy ending his character certainly won’t have on Game of Thrones…
10. Carice Van Houten (Melisandre) and Guy PearceMelisandre looks unrecognisable out of costume. Houten’s in a relationship with Australian actor Guy Pearce, and they had their first child together in August of last year – a son named Monte, and not a shadow baby!
11. Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) and Aisling LoftusSpeaking about his stunning beau, Anderson said to The Guardian, “She’s intelligent, sensitive and empathetic, and I’ve never met anybody who cares about people as much as she does.”
12. Anton Lesser (Qyburn) and his wife Madeleine LesserThis is another particularly secretive couple. Contrary to his vulgar on-screen character Qyburn, Lesser is a happily married man and has been for many years. Like Lena Headey, he prefers to keep his private life private, which is completely understandable.
13. Aidan Gillen (Petyr Baelish) and Camille O’SullivanGillen and O’Sullivan went public with their relationship in 2015. They look like a much more suitable match than Littlefinger and Sansa. They both have children from previous relationships. Gillen separated from his first wife in 2014.
14. Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth) and his wife Colette CunninghamCunningham is happily married off-screen, and he and his wife Collette have three children together. The family lives in Dublin, Ireland.
15. Pilou Asbæk (Euron Greyjoy) and his wife Anna BroContrary to his less than pleasant on-screen character, Asbæk has been in a happy relationship since 2008. He and Bro are now married and have a daughter together.
16. Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) and Anthony ByrneIt only makes sense that actresses and directors end up together. Dormer and Bryne met in 2007, and the pair got engaged in 2011. They have yet to marry.
17. Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis) and his wife Tara EldersPersonally, I’m glad that Husiaman is taken. If he makes a reappearance in season eight, he’s going to be devastated when he realises that Daenerys is now with Jon Snow. He’s been married to his wife Tara, a Dutch actress, since 2008.
18. Jonathan Pryce (High Sparrow) and his wife Kate FahyDespite playing such a religious, chaste character, the High Sparrow, Pryce has been taken for a very long time. He was in a relationship with his wife Kate for a staggering 43 years before they decided to finally tie the knot and make their love for each other official on paper. So whilst some of our fantasy on-screen romances will never become a reality, we can take comfort in the fact that a lot of likeable characters who remain single off-screen have happy love lives in the real world. I’m looking at you Ser Jorah!