1. If you didn’t know better, you’d mistake Nickerson for his younger self’s dad…It’s often said that if you want to know what your partner will look like when they are older, look at their parents. As my parents have gotten older, they’ve started to bear a strong resemblance to my grandparents – especially my dad.
2. Halloween throwbacks are the most nostalgic of allWhen it comes to looking at photographs of our younger selves, the best snaps often come in the form of pictures taken on vacations. Most of us can attest to having at least one epic photograph of ourselves on Halloween.
3. Now Nickerson’s his own big brotherI’ll never forgetting trying to squeeze myself into a dress I’d worn when I was eight as a teenager. It was proof of just how much I’d grown since then. Here, it looks like Nickerson is sitting in the same chair he’d sat in as a child.
4. Dad, is that you?After making these incredible photographs, I wonder if Nickerson began to contemplate how they would compare to pictures of himself and his future kids, if he decides to have any. I don’t imagine they’d be too dissimilar. Recounting the process on Facebook, Nickerson wrote, “I gathered all the old hats and t-shirts that I could find (and did my best to look like I belonged in the late 90s/early 2000s), and placed myself into eleven childhood moments.”
5. This dad thing is getting freaky…I have to admit that Nickerson has not only worked magic with Photoshop, but he’s proven that he’s quite the fashionista too. Each of his outfit choices are absolutely perfect for the time period.
6. It just goes to show how much technology has advancedBack in the late 90s and early 00s, digital photography was still in its infancy, but even now it’s commonplace, we are able to use technology to turn back the clock like Nickerson has done in his photo series.
7. Who wouldn’t want to be in a band with their younger self?We might change a lot physically as the years roll by, but there’s some things which never change. I’ve definitely got the same dark sense of humor as my younger self and the same ambitions. Childhood photographs aren’t just keepsakes that we can look at nostalgically, they are passed from generation to generation, and allow other important people to get a glimpse of our younger selves – like future partners! I never knew my best friend when she was a kid, but I had great fun flicking through photographs of her as a child because I could see the personality that endeared me to her shining through in and every one of them.
8. Nikerson needs to share his ways with others…Skills like Nickerson’s could be invaluable, especially if someone wants to photoshop themselves into a picture with a family member they sadly never got a chance to meet whilst they were alive.
9. His hair might be darker, but his eyebrows are exactly the same shape!What makes Nickerson’s outfit choices so great is that he has done his best to make himself look like the grown up matching version of his younger self, wearing similar outfits as much as possible.
10. I have so many questions about this picture…Is Nickerson holding himself as a baby? And who is that other kid? Either way, this guy definitely has a promising career in photography ahead of him. There aren’t many people out there who can use Photoshop like he can.
In an interview with the Metro, Nickerson said that creating the photographs was a “fun experience”. He revealed that “once the photos started coming together and I took a step back, it was a lot of fun to see two versions of myself hanging out.”