Man Decides To Vape A Tide Pod And It Does Not Go Well

Ever since the dawn of social media, bizarre “challenges” have swept across the internet. While some have been relatively harmless and fun like the “Ice Bucket Challenge” which raised thousands for charity, others have been ridiculously dangerous.

The “Blue Whale Challenge”, for example, preyed upon vulnerable teenagers, encouraging them to engage in increasingly risky behavior that culminated in suicide. Horrifyingly, it led to the deaths of a number of teens and caused others to self-harm.

Now, the latest potentially life-threatening challenge that teens are engaging is known as the “Tide Pod Challenge”.

Unlike the Blue Whale Challenge, the Tide Pod Challenge is, quite literally, what it says on the tin and involves teens putting a pod of detergent into their mouths and attempting to eat it – even though it contains a potentially lethal combination of chemicals.

In response to this challenge, Procter & Gamble – Tide’s parent company – issued a statement, which read, “Our laundry pacs are a highly concentrated detergent meant to clean clothes and they’re used safely in millions of households every day.”

“They should be only used to clean clothes and kept up, closed and away from children. They should not be played with, whatever the circumstance is, even if it is meant as a joke.”

However, it’s not just teenagers who have been trying out this dangerous and stupid challenge. A man, who appears to be in his mid to late 20s, decided that he would go one better than the teens eating Tide Pods and vaped one in front of a camera.

In the video, which was posted to the Instagram account Vape Tricks, the man can be seen piercing a Tide Pod and then putting the chemicals in his vape pen. It’s not known what he expected to happen, but the resulting vape looked incredibly painful.

Despite his immeasurable stupidity, the man appears to have been unharmed by his decision to vape a Tide Pod.

However, doctors have warned that eating or vaping Tide Pods could have potentially deadly consequences.

“Swallowing even a small amount of the highly-concentrated detergent found in pods can cause diarrhea and vomiting,” Dr. Alfred Aleguas Jr., managing director of the Florida Poison Information Center in Tampa, said to Maxim. “In some cases, some of the detergent could even find its way into the lungs and cause breathing difficulties.”

“You’ll get burns to the skin, burns to the eyes, and a lot of problems that are more severe. Burns to the respiratory tract, burns to the esophagus,” Dr. Joe Krug told WXIN.

Check out the shocking Tide Pod vape for yourself below, and please do not even consider doing this yourself:

Credit: Vape Tricks

You May Also Like

More Stories From Viral Thread