I’m sure all of us are creative in some way, or know a creative person through our walks of life. I’ve been lucky enough to be friends with quite a few designers and artists, and one thing that shows just how good they are at their jobs is the fact that they make it look so easy. Watching an accomplished musician lay down a perfect melody or a talented graphic designer produce a clever logo makes you think anybody could do what they do.
The truth is, not everyone can; but that doesn’t stop people from trying. These designers probably had the right idea and the right intentions in mind, but they came up woefully short when it came to the execution. These design fails are so baffling, you’ll be wondering if they went through with this without stopping to think: what if there’s something I’m not thinking about?
1. Great wheelchair access
2. I have no idea what this sign is meant to be warning me about
3. One of the many reasons we don’t let kids on construction sites anymore
4. Before you ask: yes, that’s the design of the sink
5. Don’t you hate it when you’re trying to have a nice colon cleanse and you accidentally take the sleeping pills instead?
6. $2.59 a pound?! I could get fresh children’s thighs at the market for way less!
7. Word placement: it’s important
8. I think this advertisement has legs
9. I don’t think the copywriter thought this through
10. You know what? I think I’ll take the stairs
11. For whoever made this globe, Europe no longer exists
12. This staircase comes with a free first aid kit for when you eventually fall and break a bone
13. Please, Santa, won’t you think of the children?!
14. From the company that brought you Tickle Me Elmo, meet Bite Me Winnie The Pooh!
15. …Well that’s unfortunate
16. Let’s put in some barbed wire so they can’t climb over it… they just have to go around. Genius!
17. I don’t see that ending well
18. Warning: do not try to navigate with these cushions
19. That seems a little premature
20. “What do you mean? Of course I know what a duck looks like!”
21. I don’t know about you, but I find my tea always tastes better with implied animal cruelty
22. So secure
23. I mean, where else would you put kids’ clothing?
24. The only way to get into this volleyball team is to defy the laws of mathematics
25. Not quite being used as intended
Wow. Some of these are almost impressive. Sometimes in life, it’s easy to take for granted the designers and engineers who work tirelessly to ensure that our existence is as smooth as possible. Next time you attempt to walk over a manhole or buy a toy that isn’t badly made to the point of being unintentionally horrifying, why not remember these absolutely absurd design fails?