Pretty much everyone can claim to have had an “ugly duckling” phase when they were transitioning from a kid into an adult. But it’s pretty astounding when certain people are able to go from being an undeniable “plain Jane” to being a total and utter babe.
Yep, it’s amazing what a healthier lifestyle, a more flattering haircut and a better sense of style can do, which is something the following former “ugly ducklings” know all too well.
So without further ado, here are 25 of the most impressive “ugly duckling” transformations on social media:
1. The difference is astounding
“Four years between the photos. Used to really dislike how I looked but slowly and bit by bit I started to treat myself a little nicer, didn’t realize the difference ’til I saw it like this.”
2. You’d hardly believe they were the same person
“Fourth grade me & 22-year-old me. The photographer even made me push my glasses up because I liked to wear them on the tip of my nose.”
3. He’s a nerdy brace face no longer
“13 and 30. They used to make fun of me for coding. Now I get paid for it!”
4. A Neville Longbottom-style transformation
“Lost 50kg (110lbs) in 18 months after a rugby injury, started rowing for my university, got my MSc in mathematics”
5. From a surly teen to a striking young lady
“17-23. No one calls me Bieber anymore.”
Take a look at the most dramatic celebrity “ugly duckling” transformations below:
6. He transformed his lifestyle entirely
“From 300lbs at 18 to 240 at 23 with an engineering degree.”
7. It all worked out for the best
“Best guy friend and I at 17 vs 25. He lost the headband and wings, I lost 80 pounds.”
8. I guess, blonds do have more fun
“I always knew deep down I was a blonde (12 vs. 15 vs. 20).”
9. A new hairstyle can make all the difference
“17 to 22. My hair doesn’t look like a bad wig anymore.”
10. From early-era Josh to Drake
“From 18 to 23. Who knew a jawline would be hidden under all of that.”
11. We all have an awkward stage but my god what a transformation!
“14-23 it’s been an awkward decade for me.”
12. Short hair, don’t care
“16-22, got a haircut, got braces and a new wardrobe!”
13. Those pearly whites didn’t come from nowhere
“Headgear girl with four bangs. Teacher Miss Morgan: To all former and current ducklings: keep smiling!”
14. The transformation if undeniable
“What 10 years of makeup, self esteem, and effort can do to two ugly twins.”
15. I mean, need I say more?
“19 to 21.”
16. Who’d have thought it was possible?
Certainly not her, that’s for sure.
17. Puberty turned out pretty well for this guy
“From 7th grade to senior year of college.”
18. Two words: those cheekbones
“From 17 to 21.”
19. What a difference 12 years can make
“15 to 27. Oh lord, it was a weird time!”
20. Truly a sight for sore eyes
“Not sure if puberty or just the loss of my Great Clips quality Bieber cut [15-25].”
21. He’s a bona fide heartthrob now
“From 13 to 22 – of jawlines and puberty!”
22. Check out this blond bombshell
“12 to 26.”
23. Sometimes a darker shade is for the best
“13 – 21, Thankful for growing into my facial features and makeup.”
24. From spotty teen to boyband material
“13 < 19 puberty has been a good thing thus far.”
25. From scrappy kid to handsome, young man
“Age 15 was fun. I was pretty much friendless, fat, greasy, annoying, and still hadn’t gone through puberty. Now age 26, everything is better.”
So if you’re still at that awkward, spotty age, fear not kids because your time will come!