1. Not so fast!When you read about heroic people who have saved the lives of others in extreme situations, you think that you could do the same. But, all it takes is one quick jump at a haunted house to make you realize that the hero cape you’d considered buying is unnecessary.
2. Is that the best you’ve got?We imagine that after this photo was taken, this boyfriend marched out of the premises and demanded a refund. Either that or his clenched fist came into contact with the cause of their scare.
3. I ain’t afraid of no ghostsThis dad didn’t see the harm in taking his son around the haunted house. What is the worst that could happen? We tell you what, you could look like a bigger baby than your child. If you think these are tame, wait until you see this next one…
4. Fright night for the familyThere are some experiences that bind a family together and then there are those that push them apart. This is a clear example of the latter.
5. “Yeah, I’m not scared of anything babe”This guy clearly thought that bringing his date to a haunted house would help her think he was tough, instead it worked in the opposite way.
6. Follow the leaderIt is not clear if the boy in the middle of this group was possessed by a spirit whilst passing through the haunted house, but he certainly seems to be having an out of body experience. No doubt you can remember your first trip to a haunted house, for many of us it was also our last! We will just leave it to these guys instead…
7. Did you see what I just saw?Not only did this family all wear matching tops to the haunted house, but they also wore near matching facial expressions too.
8. Fun for all the familyThese children will never listen again when their dad tells them to trust him, especially not the boy at the back who may never recover from what he saw that day in the haunted house. Their mom clearly had more sense!
9. Hold close in case of emergencyWe hope it is an unfortunate shadow on this man’s trousers and not that he has wet himself in fright! Awkward. If you scare easily, then these photos alone are enough to give you a mini heart attack…
10. See you on the flip side!Every horror movie has that one guy who dies within the first five minutes of the film. We reckon that the chap in the blue would be that guy.
11. “We were told this was a Justin Bieber meet and greet!”If Mean Girls came back as a horror movie, this is what we imagine it would look like. Let’s hope Lindsay Lohan’s schedule is clear!
12. Like father like sonThis father and son co-ordinated their outfits, but they failed to co-ordinate their surprised faces. Meanwhile, mother and daughter are doing a good job at mirroring their reactions.
13. Don’t take me! Take my dad instead!When disaster strikes you have to make difficult decisions, but this son didn’t hesitate in sacrificing his father to the ghouls.
14. When you and friends see someone wearing sandals and socksThe expressions on these girls faces look too perfectly poised to be true. Clearly they have spent too much time perfecting their photo face – not even extreme fear can throw them off!
15. You promised we’d be together forever!There is no better way to test a relationship than by taking your significant other to a haunted house. “I’ll love you forever,” quickly turns into, “I love myself more.”
16. Yikes! Scooby-Doo and Shaggy have changed a lot…These two girls unintentionally recreated Shaggy and Scooby-Doo’s iconic cartoon leap. Thelma, Fred and Daphne must be looking for clues elsewhere!
17. Hit us with your best shotTo laugh in the face of fear is brave, but to expose your chest to scary monsters is something else entirely. These guys are totally fearless, or under the influence of a lot of alcohol!
18. Stand back girls, I’ve got this!This boy was clearly raised a gentleman. No matter how terrified, his basic instinct is to throw himself in front of the girls to create a shield between him and the threatening monster.
19. Today was a bad day to wear white shortsWhen they chose their matching outfits, these sisters made a vow to stick together. Their mom, meanwhile, didn’t have time to hang around! If you want to experience the ultimate terror, then these are five of the most traumatizing haunted houses in the world. You need to be extra brave to handle these… With Halloween on the way, it is time to find you local haunted house – if you’re brave enough! Or, you could just turn on the news as recently that has been truly terrifying!