Before the rise of social media, there were plenty of ways to make a complete fool of yourself in the real world. Now we have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all of the other wonderful sites available, it appears people’s proficiency at rendering themselves complete and utter morons has proliferated immeasurably and there is no end to the half-witted tomfoolery we are bound as members of society to witness on a daily basis.
But, at least they’re entertaining! Not to mention that sometimes, if we’re really lucky, the people in question get a more than a healthy dose of what is known as karma. So, in the spirit of what comes around, goes around, enjoy these 15 people on Facebook who got exactly what they deserved.
1. Know your landmarks people
2. We all went to high school, it seems not everyone read The Great Gatsby though
3. Not bad at all, but still not what you actually got
4. What a smackdown
5. Taking attention-seeking to new heights
6. Caught red-handed
7. The Dark Lord probably wasn’t the best example here
8. Somehow, I don’t believe you and Playful Alice have ever met
9. The problem with the young generation summed up in one
10. The first picture on Google? It’s like you’re not even trying
11. Preschool stuff
12. Never post your sob story on Facebook when you’ve got your mum as a friend
13. It was an “accident”, I’m sure
14. Not exactly what fundraisers had in mind when they said “no make-up”
15. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it
So, did you enjoy a good five minutes of online users making absolute fools out of themselves for no good reason? I know I did! Let this be a warning to all of you out there, never try it because more often than not, you will get called out on it.